The Rationalisation of Magisterial Districts project enbales communities to get the following services from courts near to them: Hearings of criminal cases and civil disputes, Maintenance, Small Claims Courts, Domestic Violence, Children’ Court and Deceased Estates. If you are not sure where to get help or you are unable to access or understand the maps of the new demarcation ask the court manager at your nearest court.
LEGENDS/KEYS: Magistrate Courts Branch & Detached Courts Periodical Courts in the District.
You can also follow this link to obtain the contact details for the courts if you are experiencing problems seeing or navigating the map.
Alternatively you can still do a place name search per province to find the nearest court. You can also follow this link to find the contact details of your nearest Police Station.
01. Cape Town: Main Seat: Cape Town and Sub Districts: Atlantis, Bellville, Goodwood, Khayelitsha, Kuils Rivier, Mitchells Plain, Simon's Town, Somerset West, Strand, Wynberg
02. Cape Winelands: Main Seat: Worcester and Sub Districts: Drakenstein, Langeberg, Stellenbosch, Witzenberg
03. Central Karoo: Main Seat: Beaufort West and Sub Districts: Laingsburg, Prince Albert
04. Garden Route: Main Seat: George and Sub Districts: Hessequa, Kannaland, Knysna, Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn
05. Overberg:Main Seat: Hermanus and Sub Districts: Cape Agulhas, Swellendam, Theewaterskloof
06. West Coast: Main Seat: Vredendal and Sub Districts: Bergrivier, Cederberg, Saldanha Bay, Swartland
Updated: 05 April 2022
Enquiries on this project can be directed to:
Mr Makena Z Moagi
Deputy Director (Court Establishment)
Tel: 012 315 1767.
Updated: 28 March 2019