The Rationalisation of Magisterial Districts project enbales communities to get the following services from courts near to them: Hearings of criminal cases and civil disputes, Maintenance, Small Claims Courts, Domestic Violence, Children’ Court and Deceased Estates. If you are not sure where to get help or you are unable to access or understand the maps of the new demarcation ask the court manager at your nearest court.
LEGENDS/KEYS: Magistrate Courts Branch & Detached Courts Periodical Courts in the District.
You can also follow this link to obtain the contact details for the courts if you are experiencing problems seeing or navigating the map.
Alternatively you can still do a place name search per province to find the nearest court. You can also follow this link to find the contact details of your nearest Police Station.
01. Amajuba: Main Seat: Newcastle and Sub Districts: Dannhauser, Emadlangeni, Madadeni
02. eThekwini: Main Seat: Durban and Sub Districts: eThekwini North, eThekwini South, eThekwini West
03. Harry Gwala: Main Seat: Polela (Hlanganani) and Sub Districts: Greater Kokstad, Ubuhlebezwe, Umzimkhulu
04. Ilembe: Main Seat: Kwadukuza and Sub Districts: Maphumulo, Ndwedwe
05. King Cetshwayo: Main Seat: Empangeni and Sub Districts: Mthonjaneni, Nkandla, Umlalazi
06. Ugu: Main Seat: Port Shepstone and Sub Districts: Umdoni, Umuziwabantu, Umzumbe
07. Umgungundlovu: Main Seat: Pietermaritzburg and Sub Districts: Umgungundlovu East, Umgungundlovu West
08. Umkhanyakude: Main Seat: Ubombo and Sub Districts: Ingwavuma, Mtubatuba, Umhlabuyalingana
09. Umzinyathi: Main Seat: Dundee and Sub Districts: Msinga, Nquthu, Umvoti
10. Uthukela: Main Seat: Ladysmith and Sub Districts: Ezakheni, Inkosi Langalibalele, Okhahlamba
11. Zululand: Main Seat: Ulundi and Sub Districts: Abaqulusi, Nongoma, Uphongolo
Updated: 05 April 2022
Enquiries on the Rationalisation Project can be directed to:
Mr Makena Z Moagi
Deputy Director (Court Establishment)
Tel: 012 315 1767