Justice Home The Constitution Flag

Civil Law

Home>Civil Law

Offices of the Master of the High Court

The Master's Branch is there to serve the public in respect of:

  • Deceased Estates
  • Liquidations (Insolvent Estates)
  • Registration of Trusts
  • Tutors and Curators
  • Administration of the Guardian's Fund (minors and mentally challenged persons)

The Master has wide interaction with members of the public and practitioners and the dealings of the Master have an impact on the economy. The Master's Office has five main divisions.  They all strive to protect the financial interests of persons whose assets or interests are, for various reasons, being managed by others....more

Quick Info:

Small Claims Courts

If someone (a debtor) owes you money, you can sue (institute a civil action against) him or her to recover the debt that he or she owes you. This means that you can have your debtor appear before the Small Claims Court to try to make him or her return your money. This court makes the claiming process quicker, easier and less expensive...more

Quick Info:

Equality Courts

Equality Courts have been set up to help someone who believes that they have suffered unfair discrimination, hate speech or harassment.  These courts make sure that it is easy for someone with such a case to bring their case to the court and that the issue is finalised quickly...more

Quick Info:


Mediation is a process by which a mediator assists the parties in actual or potential litigation to resolve the dispute between them by facilitating discussions between the parties, assisting them in identifying issues, clarifying priorities, exploring areas of compromise and generating options in an attempt to resolve the dispute. It is an alternative to having the dispute adjudicated in court. Follow this link to read more on mediation.