The purpose of this office is the establishment and maintenance of appropriate accounting and Financial and management systems associated with effective Efficient management of budgets and expenditure in accordance With the PFMA Treasury regulations and other applicable Framework.
It's functions are to establish and maintain:
* Effective, efficient and transparent systems of financial and risk ,management and internal control.
* Appropriate procurement and provisioning system.
* Ensure the effective and efficient, economical and transparent use of the resources of the department.
* Comply and ensure that the department is not committed to any liability for which money has not been appropriated.
* Manage the expenditure of the department in accordance with vote of the department.
* Take responsibility for the maintenance recording and reporting of the financial affairs of the department in accordance with prescribes norms and standards.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Ms Rofhiwa Irene Singo
Office of the CD: Financial Accounting
Tel: 012 315 1064
Ms Magrette Shaku (Secretary)
Tel: 012 315 1064, Email: MShaku@justice.gov.za
* The administration and controlling of remuneration and miscellaneous payment matters in the department.
* The ensuring of financial transaction processing and reporting services in the department.
Ms Cynthia Nelisiwe Pule
Tel: 012 357 8894
Directorate: Financial Transaction Processing
Directorate: Revenue Management Accounting Reporting
Director: Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management
Directorate: Financial Management
* The management of the Third Party Funds Public Private Partnership (PPP).
* The management of Third Party Funds (TPF) operations (bail, maintenance, fines, state attorney monies, civil payments, etc.)
Mr Bheki Mathunjwa
Tel: 012 744 2095, E-mail: BMathunjwa@justice.gov.za
Directorate: Monies In Trust
Directorate: Third Party Funds
* The management of the budgets, decision support.
* The provision of effective budget support services.
* The rendering of assistance to the CFO in strategic management of the financial function.
* The management of the departmental budget, provide advice/support as well as to direct and oversee costing services function.
Chief Director (Acting)
Tel: 012 315 1183, E-mail: CFryer@justice.gov.za
Tel: 012 315 1015/1647, E-mail: Jsibiya@justice.gov.za
Tel: 013 752 9380, E-mail: CShakwane@justice.gov.za
* The determination of costing opportunities.
* The regulatory impact analysis (RIA’s).
* The determination of costing models and techniques.
* The ensuring of merging of financial costing and implementation initiatives.
* The provision of advice on costing findings.
Tel: 012 315 1985
* Management and rendering of acquisition & demand services.
* Management and rendering of logistics, provisioning and asset services
* Management of supply chain performance and provision of legal support.
Chief Director (Acting from 5 Jan 2022)
Mr Lawrence Shole
Tel: 012 315 5438, E-mail: LShole@justice.gov.za
Personal Assistant: Mrs Cerina Durgapersat
Tel: 012 315 5438, Email: CDurgapersat@justice.gov.za
Directorate: Procurement Services/Supply Chain
Tel: 012 357 8009, E-mail:
Personal Assistant: Ms Pumla Nonti
Tel: 012 315 4578, Email: PNonti@justice.gov.za
Deputy Director (Demand Management & RFQ)
Mr Shaffiek Bassier
Tel: 012 315 4545, E-mail: SBassier@justice.gov.za
Deputy Director ( Fleet Management)
Mr Karabo Masilo
Tel: 012 315 1341, E-mail: KMasilo@justice.gov.za
Deputy Director (Contract Management)
Mr Skhumbuzo Hlophe
Tel: n/a, E-mail: SSHlophe@justice.gov.za
Directorate: Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management