Small Claims Courts
The Small Claims Court Project Office serves as help-line for Small Claims Court Unit in addressing the problems and non-functioning of Small Claims Courts around South Africa.
Its main role is to facilitate the resuscitation and capacitation of Small Claims Courts by re-engineering and implementing programmes aimed at such. The project office is accountable to National Steering Committee which was established to spearhead the reengineering of small claims court project.
Their key roles are:
- Development for guidelines and manuals for Commissioners and Court Officials.
- Facilitate training for Commissioners and Court officials.
- Establish student internship programme.
- Facilitate amendments for the Act and rules for Small Claims Court.
- Receive and process complaints about Small Claims Court matters.
The Small Claims Project Office further serves as a complaints entry office for all problems experienced at court and regional level.
For more information:
Ms Christelle Naude
Legal Administration Officer
Tel: 012 315 1025, Email: CNaude@justice.gov.za
Tel: 012-357 8236, Email: DIyemperumal@justice.gov.za
16th Floor, East Tower, Momentum Building
Please contact your nearest Regional Office if you have any enquiries or complaints. Follow this link to view their contact details.