Courts in South Africa
Soweto Magistrate's Court Civil Section
The Civil Section of Soweto Magistrate’s Court is one of three judicial components of the magistracy in Soweto. The other two important components are the Criminal Section and the Family Courts. Equally important is the court administrative component without which the courts could scarcely function.
The Civil Section is tasked with the judicial hearing of all civil matters brought before it in terms of the Magistrate’s Court Act 32 of 1944. In addition the Equality Court created in terms of the Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act (Act 4 of 2000) is also part of the Civil Section.
The Civil Section is located at Protea Magistrate’s Court and situated at corner Ndaba Drive and Kunene Street, Protea North. Currently court numbers 1 and 9 is utilized. The Office of the Clerk of the Court is at Room 82.
|COURT||NATURE OF CASES||WEEKDAYS SITTINGS||COMMENCEMENT TIME||CLERK OF THE COURT|
|CIVIL 9||TRIAL ROLL||Mondays and Thursdays||09h00||Tel: 011-980 8130|
|CIVIL 9||OPPOSED MOTIONS||Tuesdays||09h00||Tel: 011-980 8130|
|CIVIL 9||DEBT REVIEWS||Tuesdays and Wednesdays||09h00||Tel: 011-980 8130|
|CIVIL 9||SECTION 65A||Tuesdays||09h00||Tel: 011-980 8130|
- Trial Roll, dated 18 July 2017
- Motion Court, dated 10 March 2017
- Prevention of Illegal Evictions, dated 13 March 2017
- Section 65A Matters, dated 11 November 2015
- Form A: Notice Pre-Trial [315kb]
- Form B: Annexure to Form A [506kb]
- Form C: Application for Trial Date [35kb]
- Form D: Application for date of hearing of an Opposed Motion [194kb]
- Form E: Provisional Liquidation Order [194kb]
- Form F: Section 4(2) Order [194kb]
- Form G: Section 65A Notice [194kb]
- Form H: Application for date of hearing to be postponed to a specific date [194kb]