Proclaimed Magisterial Districts
Proclaimed Magisterial District Maps
As from 1 December 2014, the magisterial districts in the country will be changed to ensure that they align with municipal boundaries. This process will also ensure that more people have access to justice services at courts that are located closer to where they live. Follow this link to view the FAQ.
On-line maps and courts per region
- Magisterial Districts: Free State
- Magisterial Districts: Eastern Cape & KwaZulu-Natal
- Magisterial Districts: Western Cape
Place name searches per region
- Vacant offices of the sheriffs in various areas. Closing date for applications is 25 January 2019.
- Magistrates’ Courts Act (32/1944): Variation of notices in respect of certain regional divisions, GG 39603, GoN 3, 18 Jan 2016
Enquiries on this project can be directed to:
Mr Zacharia (Moagi) Makena
Deputy Director (Court Establishment)
Tel: 012 315 1767. Fax: 086 507 4984, E-mail: Rationalisation@justice.gov.za