Proclaimed Magisterial Districts
Interactive Map: North West Magisterial Districts and Lower Courts
From 1 December 2014, communities will get the following services from courts near to them: Hearings of criminal cases and civil disputes, Maintenance, Small Claims Courts, Domestic Violence, Children’ Court, Deceased Estates and Mediation Serivces. If you are not sure where to get help or you are unable to access or understand the maps of the new demarcation ask the court manager at your nearest court.
LEGENDS/KEYS: Magistrate Courts Branch & Detached Courts Periodical Courts in the District.
You can also follow this link to obtain the contact details for the courts if you are experiencing problems seeing or navigating the map.
Alternatively you can still do a place name search per region to find the nearest court.
North West Magisterial Districts PDF Boundry Maps
2. Greater Taung [Taung]
3. Kagisano Molopo [Ganyesa]
7. Mafikeng [Mmabatho]
8. Mamusa [Schweizer-Reneke]
9. Maquassi Hills [Wolmaranstad]
11. Moretele [Temba]
13. Naledi [Vryburg]
16. Tlokwe [Potchefstroom]
18. Ventersdorp [Ventersdorp]
- Magistrate’s Courts Act: Annexure of certain districts to regional court in respect of offences committed within Rustenburg area, GG 40439, GoN 1428, 23 Nov 2016
- Magistrates' Courts Act: Mbibana Magisterial District area of jurisdiction: Amendment, GG 38272, GoN 966, 28 Nov 2014
- Magistrates' Courts Act: Places of sitting and periodical courts in Gauteng and North West Province: Withdrawal, GG 38271, GoN 965, 28 Nov 2014
- Magistrates' Courts Act: Appointment of places of sitting and periodical courts for Gauteng and North West Province, GG 38268, GoN 962, 28 Nov 2014
- Magistrate’s Courts Act (32/1944): Definition of local limits of districts created in respect of the Gauteng and North West Provinces, GG 38170, No 861, 31 Oct 2014
- Magistrate's Courts Act (32/1944): Creation of sub-districts and the establishments of detached courts in respect of the said sub-districts, GG 38169, No 860, 31 Oct 2014
- Magistrates’ Courts Act (32/1944): Withdrawal of notices creating detached courts, GG 38168, No 859, 31 Oct 2014
- Magistrate's Courts Act (32/1944): Amendment of area of jurisdiction of New Brighton, GG 38167, No 858, 31 Oct 2014
- Magistrates’ Courts Act (32/1944): Variation of Government Notice No. 670 of 2010, GG 38166, No 857, 31 Oct 2014
- Magistrates’ Courts Act, 1944 (Act No. 32 of 1944): Annexation of District of Lehurutshe to be part of Zeerust Sub- District, GG 38165, No 856, 31 Oct 2014
Enquiries on the Rationalisation Project can be directed to:
Mr Zacharia (Moagi) Makena
Deputy Director (Court Establishment)
Tel: 012 315 1767. Fax: 086 507 4984, E-mail: Rationalisation@justice.gov.za