Proclaimed Magisterial Districts
Interactive Map: Northern Cape Magisterial Districts and Lower Courts
The Rationalisation of Magisterial Districts project enbales communities to get the following services from courts near to them: Hearings of criminal cases and civil disputes, Maintenance, Small Claims Courts, Domestic Violence, Children’ Court, Deceased Estates and Mediation Serivces. If you are not sure where to get help or you are unable to access or understand the maps of the new demarcation ask the court manager at your nearest court.
LEGENDS/KEYS: Magistrate Courts Branch & Detached Courts Periodical Courts in the District.
You can also follow this link to obtain the contact details for the courts if you are experiencing problems seeing or navigating the map.
Alternatively you can still do a place name search per region to find the nearest court.
Northern Cape Magisterial Districts PDF Boundry Maps
1. Frances Baard [Main Seat: Kimberley; Sub Districts: Barkly West; Galeshewe; Haartswater; Jan Kempdorp; Warrenton]
- Magistrates’ Courts Act (32/1944): Variation of a notice in respect of the Northern Cape Regional Division, GG 42343, GON 507, 28 Mar 2019
- Magistrate’s Courts Act: Creation of Magisterial Districts and establishment of District Courts in respect of the Northern Cape Province, GG 41552, GoN 409, 29 Mar 2018
- Magistrate’s Courts Act: Intention to create magisterial districts and establish district courts in Northern Cape as part of rationalisation of magisterial districts: Comments invited by 5 May 2017, GG 40753, GeN 273, 31 Mar 2017
- Report on the Rationalisdation of Magistertial Districts: Northern Cape [774kb]
Enquiries on the Rationalisation Project can be directed to:
Mr Zacharia (Moagi) Makena
Deputy Director (Court Establishment)
Tel: 012 315 1767. Fax: 086 507 4984, E-mail: Rationalisation@justice.gov.za