Interactive Map: Free State Magisterial Districts and Lower Courts
The Rationalisation of Magisterial Districts project enbales communities to get the following services from courts near to them: Hearings of criminal cases and civil disputes, Maintenance, Small Claims Courts, Domestic Violence, Children’ Court, Deceased Estates and Mediation Serivces. If you are not sure where to get help or you are unable to access or understand the maps of the new demarcation ask the court manager at your nearest court.
LEGENDS/KEYS: Magistrate Courts Branch & Detached Courts Periodical Courts in the District.
You can also follow this link to obtain the contact details for the courts if you are experiencing problems seeing or navigating the map.
Alternatively you can still do a place name search per region to find the nearest court.
Free State Magisterial Districts PDF Boundry Maps
- Fezile Dabi Magisterial District
[Main Seat: Kroonstad; Sub Districts: Edenville; Frankfort; Heilbron; Koppies; Parys; Sasolburg; Steynsrus; Viljoenskroon; Villiers; Vredefort]
- Lejweleputswa Magisterial District [Main Seat: Welkom; Sub Districts: Boshof; Bothaville; Brandfort; Bultfontein; Dealesville; Hennenman; Hertzogville; Hoopstad; Odendaalsrus; Theunissen; Ventersburg; Virginia; Wesselsbron; Winburg]
- Mangaung Magisterial District [Main Seat: Bloemfontein; Sub Districts: Botshabelo; Dewetsdorp; Thaba'Nchu; Wepener]
- Thabo Mofutsanyane Magisterial District [Main Seat: Bethlehem; Sub Districts: Clocolan; Excelsior; Ficksburg; Fouriesburg; Harrismith; Hobhouse; Kestell; Ladybrand; Lindley; Makwane; Marquard; Memel; Paul Roux; Petrus Steyn; Phuthaditjaba; Reitz; Senekal; Tseki; Tseseng; Vrede; Warden]
- Xhariep Magisterial District [Main Seat: Trompsburg; Sub Districts: Bethulie; Edenburg; Fauresmith; Jacobsdal; Jagersfontein; Koffiefontein; Petrusburg; Philippolis; Reddersburg; Rouxville; Smithfield; Springfontein; Zastron]
Related Gazettes & Documents
- Magistrate’s Courts Act: Intention to create bagisterial districts and establish district courts in Free State as part of rationalisation of magisterial districts: Comments invited by 5 May 2017, GG 40753, GeN 272, 31 Mar 2017
- Magistrate’s Courts Act: Intention to create magisterial districts and establish district courts in Northern Cape as part of rationalisation of magisterial districts: Comments invited by 5 May 2017, GG 40753, GeN 273, 31 Mar 2017
- Report on the Rationalisdation of Magistertial Districts: Free State [560kb]
- Report on the Rationalisdation of Magistertial Districts: Northern Cape [774kb]
Enquiries on this project can be directed to:
Mr Zacharia (Moagi) Makena
Deputy Director (Court Establishment)
Tel: 012 315 1767. Fax: 086 507 4984, E-mail: Rationalisation@justice.gov.za
Updated: 27 May 2019