State Attorney Services
The Office of the State Attorney provides legal services to national and provincial departments.
The functions of the State Attorney is as follows:
- The drafting and managing of contracts on behalf of the State.
- The handling of criminal and civil litigation cases instituted against State officials and committed by means of acts or omissions while executing their official duties.
- The handing of applications form qualifying personnel for admission as advocates for the High Court.
- The handling of applications for admission as practicing attorney
- The regulation and overseeing of the conduct of private attorneys operating under the State Attorney Act.
Monthly Statistics on Briefings received by the State Attorney Offices:
- Briefings received in August 2019. xlsx
- Briefings received in July 2019. xlsx
- Briefings received in June 2019. xlsx
- Briefings received in May 2019. xlsx [Cape Town stats amended on 18/7/2019]
- Briefings received in April 2019. xlsx
- Briefings received in March 2019. xlsx
- Briefings received in February 2019. xlsx
- Briefings received in January 2019. xlsx
- State Attorney Act (Act 56 of 1957) Eng
- View contact details for the State Attorney offices