State Attorney Services
The Office of the State Attorney provides legal services to national and provincial departments.
The functions of the State Attorney is as follows:
- The drafting and managing of contracts on behalf of the State.
- The handling of criminal and civil litigation cases instituted against State officials and committed by means of acts or omissions while executing their official duties.
- The handing of applications form qualifying personnel for admission as advocates for the High Court.
- The handling of applications for admission as practicing attorney
- The regulation and overseeing of the conduct of private attorneys operating under the State Attorney Act.