Departmental Structure: Office of the Chief Litigation Officer
Chief Litigation Officer (CLO)
Ms Onicca Phahlane
Tel: 012 406 4780
Fax: 086 532 2857
Office Manger: Tshianeo Nengwekhulu, Tel: 012 406 4879, Fax: 086 629 3058, Email: TNengwekhulu@justice.gov.za
Chief Directorate: Legal Services
* The creation of effective legal process.
* The promoting of co-operation between RSA and other countries with a view of enhancement of reciprocal Legislation, the conclusion of international conventions which will promote uniformity in the administration of justice.
Raymond Venkatsamy (Acting)
Tel: 012 315 4636
Fax: 012 357 8017
Directorate: Legal Process
Tel: 012 315 1327, Fax: 012 315 1840, E-mail: FHeyns@justice.gov.za
- Snr Legal Admin Officer
Tel: 012 315 1412, Fax: 012 315 1325, E-mail: email@example.com
Directorate: Law Enforcement
Tel: 012 315 1086, Fax: 012 357 8017, E-mail: n/a
- Snr Legal Admin Officer: Notices of Motion & Loss Control
Tel: 012 315 4636, Fax: 012 357 8017, E-mail: RVenkatsamy@justice.gov.za
- Snr Legal Admin Officer: Civil Claims
Johan von Backström
Tel: 012 315 1084, Fax: 012 357 8017, E-mail: JVonBackstrom@justice.gov.za
- Snr Legal Admin Officer: Labour Appeals
Tel: 012 315 1091, Fax: 086 507 5266, E-mail: MBosman@justice.gov.za
Chief Directorate: Operations
* Provision of professional and administrative management.
* Monitor and manage the implementation of strategic and operational plan.
* Evaluation and implementation of quality management system.
Directorate: Quality Management
Tel: 012 357 8868, Fax: 086 569 8277, E-mail: SMahwai@justice.gov.za
Directorate: Operations Management
Ms N Mkhwebane
Tel: 012 357 8870, Fax: 086 507 7659, E-mail: NMkhwebane@justice.gov.za
Chief Directorate: State Attorney Services
* The Drafting and managing of contracts on behalf of the State.
* The handling of criminal and civil litigation cases instituted against State officials and committed by means of acts or omissions while executing their official duties.
* The handing of applications form qualifying personnel for admission as advocates for the High Court.
* The handling of applications for admission as practicing attorney
* The regulation and overseeing of the conduct of private attorneys operating under the State Attorney Act.
State Attorney Offices (x 12)
View contact details for the State Attorney offices