Courts in South Africa
Roll of appointed advocates per High Court
Please note that all documentation on the site is in PDF format and require Acrobat Reader to open and read.
- Updated: 2016 06 17 - Bophuthatswana
- Updated: 2016 06 17 - Ciskei & Transkei
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - Cape Town
- Updated: 2016 06 17 - Durban
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - Free State (Bloemfontein)
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - Grahamstown
- Updated: 2018 08 23 - Johannesburg
- Updated: 2018 05 16 - Kimberley
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - Limpopo, Polokwane & Thohoyandou
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - North West, Mmabatho (Mafikeng)
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - Pietermaritzburg
- Updated: 2017 03 08 - Port Elizabeth
- Updated: 2018 08 16 - Pretoria
- Updated: 2016 06 17 - Venda
- Updated: 2018 05 16 - Bhisho &
Full list of appointed Advocates in aplhabetical order (per Surname) in PDF [1.16mb].
Legal Practice Council Elections 2018
Personal details of admitted advocates for the roll of advocates [02 Aug 2018]
The Legal Practice Council (the Council) is being established in terms of Section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, 2014 (the Act). The Council will exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (both attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal Practitioners. When section 120(4) of the Act comes into operation, which is intended to happen on 31 October 2018, all persons admitted and enrolled in terms of the legislation due to be repealed, including the Admission of Advocates Act of 1964, need to be enrolled in terms of the Act.
The National Forum on the Legal Profession urgently requests all advocates NOT affiliated to GCB/AFT, NBCSA & NFA who have been admitted as such in terms of the Admission of Advocates Act, 1964 to
complete the linked registration form and return it, together with a certified copy of the
order of court admitting the individual concerned, and ID copy, to Executive Officer NF or
by email to CMhlungu@justice.gov.za or fax to 086 6428567 by
23 July 2018, extended to 31 August 2018.
- Personal details of admitted advocates for the roll of advocates: Important notice to all admitted advocates & Registration Form
Enquiries or corrections to the roll:
Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
Chief Directorate: Policy Development
Mr Kana Sekgota, Tel: 012 315 1811, E-mail: KSekgota@justice.gov.za